Monday, August 6, 2012

New York

I know I said this would come sooner...but I got lazy. Being at my parents house in Virginia just makes me not want to do anything. I barely worked out which made me upset, but I got back into it today so I just need to be consistent.

My trip to New York was interesting to say the least. My best friend and I had an AMAZING time. She is just one of those friends that is easy to get along with and very go with the flow. We took the bus up from DC so not having to drive was so nice for a change. Let me just point out I sweated the whole trip. I was so unhappy, I tried to make the best of it but it was just terrible.We got up there Thursday around 4:30. That night we went out to dinner with my sister. Friday we went to Soho to see the Kardashian's DASH store. Then went to the 9/11  Memorial. If you are in New York and have the time to go. Do it!! It was very pretty and just warms/hurts your heart. You feel good that something so pretty came from such a tradgedy but at the same time you are sad at what the cause of it all was.

Me outside DASH
Brittany and I with one of the tower Memorials

Pretty much what the Memorials look like.
Friday night was when thing got fun...that was sarcasm. My sister and I have never been the type of sisters that get along all the time. We disagree and fight a decent amount. My sister thinks I'm immature and I just say what ever come to mind. I will admit that I have an issue filtering myself, but I don't think I'm immature. As Brittany, my sister, my sister's roommate, this crazy girl, and I were on our way out, my sister and I got into it. I am a very emotional person and when my sister gets mad at me it hurts my feelings. Later in the night we ended up being tacky and yelling at each other in the bar. Long story short my sister realized that we are different people. I'm not going to act how she acted at 21 and I am going to do what I want to do. Now we are better. But we are always fine apart, together is when we have issues! I love my sister don't get me wrong and I pray for the day that everything between us is just easy!
Can you tell we are related?

Saturday was the day I have been waiting for since last December. Yankees vs. Red Sox. I woke up happy. I was dancing in my head since my sister probably would have killed me if I was dancing in real life. CC Sabathia my favorite Yankee was pitching life couldn't have been any better. We get to to the subway to meet my sister's friend that I invited to come to the game with us. I was down in their waiting for the subway and sweating again of course. We get to the Yankee Stadium and head to the Bleachers. Then hell began...It started to rain. We were on a 2 hour rain delay! I literally complained the entire 2 hours. I would have punched someone if that game was cancelled. But the Yankee gods heard my cries and brought out the sun!!
Yankee Stadium at night takes my breath away!

I love this picture!

I told you I was sad...literally fighting back tears.

My main man CC

The sun is a glorious thing!

All and all the trip to NY was great, good company, good place, and a good life. I am a very lucky girl. Weekends like this always make me feel so grateful for the life I live and the opportunities I'm given. 

Quote for the day... " Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have you will never, ever have enough." Oprah. I am not a huge Oprah fan but she does say good things sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would Love to Hear From You!!!